While there are a number of cities in the United States that seem like obvious places to stay away from, others might not be as well known as dangerous places to visit. Below you can find some of the most dangerous cities in the USA according to Forbes.
Violent Crime Rate: 2,137 per 100,000 residents
2. St. Louis
Violent Crime Rate: 1,857 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,683 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,583 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,483 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,433 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,417 per 100,000 residents
Violent Crime Rate: 1,408 per 100,000 residents
2012 Most Dangerous List
A new report from the FBI show data that suggests violent crime rates are improving. Although this may be true, cities with the top crime rates have continued to rise for murder rates in 2011. One of the biggest issues we are facing is an understaffed police force in some of these high crime rate cities, according to a Yahoo! news article.
Below is a list of the most dangerous cities in America for 2012.
1. Flint, Michigan: In 2011, there were 52 murders reported and 23.4 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
2. Detroit, Michigan: In 2011, there were 344 murders and 21.4 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
3. St. Louis, Missouri: In 2011, there were 113 murders and 18.6 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
4. Oakland, California: In 2011, there were 104 murders and 16.8 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
5. Memphis, Tennessee: In 2011, there were 117 murders and 15.8 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
No city with a population of more than 100,000 had a higher crime rate than Flint, Michigan, according to the FBI.