As 2023 kicks off, so does the 7th generation of the Nissan Z car. The Nissan 400Z is revealed to be the first in the series with the number – so the Nissan 400z is in fact the Nissan Z. The absence of a number reflects the engine displacement in this latest iteration.
Below you will find everything you need to know about the new Nissan 400Z. We will give you all the details about the new functions and features you can find in the model, what the available trims are and what kind of power is under the hood! Read on to discover:
- The pros and cons of the Nissan Z
- Nissan Z Build and Price.
- The new design features on the 400Z model.
- What kind of engine power is included?
- What technology is included with the car?
- What Nissan 400Z trims are available?
- What are the details for the Limited Edition Model?
- The 2023 Nissan 400Z price.
But, first here is a quick breakdown of the biggest details and changes which mark this model out from the outgoing 370Z.
Table of Contents
- 1 Nissan 400Z Specs – A Brief Breakdown
- 2 What New Design Features Do You Need to Know About?
- 3 Review of the 2023 Nissan 400Z Performance
- 4 The 2023 Nissan Z Specs – Build and Body Shape
- 5 2023 Nissan Z Specs – Tech Review
- 6 Review of the Nissan 400Z Interior
- 7 The Limited Edition 2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
- 8 What Trims Are Available with the Nissan Z: Build and Price
- 9 Summary: 2023 Nissan 400Z Buying Guide – The Details You Need to Know
Nissan 400Z Specs – A Brief Breakdown
One of the first things which become apparent is that the 2023 Nissan Z build retains its likeness to the original Nissan Proto concept first revealed in 2020. You should also note that the new Nissan Z is being offered in two different trims and there is also a Proto Spec version on sale.
The aspect of the car which has caused the most excitement amongst car lovers is the fantastic retro styling of the exterior with rectangular design elements which recall the angular Nissan classics of the 70s and 80s.
What are the Main Pros of the 2023 Nissan Z?
- Great retro styling on the exterior design.
- Fantastically powerful twin-turbo V-6 Power.
- Standard speed manual transmission.
What Are the Drawbacks of the Nissan Z400?
- Lack of slip differential on the base version
- Angular retro style is not for everyone.
- A new iteration of an established platform.
What New Design Features Do You Need to Know About?
So what’s new on the Nissan 400Z? Well, there are a variety of impressive features that should make car fans excited.
Driving and Infotainment Features
- Powerful Twin Turbocharged V-6 Engine.
- New Retro Design LED Headlights and Taillights.
- Variable Valve Timing
- A 9 Speed Automatic Transmission with Launch Control is available.
- 8-inch Infotainment Display Options with 6 Speaker Audio System on Standard Trim.
- 9-inch Infotainment Display with Navigation Feature and 8-speaker Bose Audio System on Performance Trim.
- Rev Matching is Available.
- 12.3-inch Digital Instrument Cluster.
Impressive Safety Features
- Pedestrian Detection and Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Warning for Blind Spots
- A Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
- Automatic Forward Collision Warnings.
- An In-built Lane Departure Warning.
Many found that the outgoing 370Z was a stale development in the Z series. Low-resolution displays, hard plastic interiors, and technology that was hardly groundbreaking had a lot of drivers feeling they were driving an ageing sports car rather than a cutting-edge modern vehicle.
The Nissan Z benefits from the fresh retro look, and new materials included in the overhauled cabins. And the twin turbo-charged v-6 engine Nissan offers is the cherry on top!
Review of the 2023 Nissan 400Z Performance
The 2023 Nissan Z gives the drivers a powerful 400 HP, twin-turbo engine which provides a powerful rear wheel drive. And the six-speed manual transmission with rev matching as standard is a great feature for fans of speed who want total control over their powerful vehicle. A 9-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and launch control is also available.
19-inch wheels are available on the Nissan Z performance trim and you can also upgrade the brakes and suspensions to improve your control of this powerful engine which can hit 0-60 in an impressive 4.3 seconds. Standard trims come with a carbon fiber composite driveshift and a limited slip differential is an add on option.
The 2023 Nissan Z Specs – Build and Body Shape
The Nissan Z has a slightly longer body than the 370Z but maintains the same wheelbase. Aero dynamic elements include an available chin and rear spoiler and standard side sill spoilers to give the build a slippery, dynamic exterior shape. This allows drivers to make the most of the powerful, speedy capabilities of this dynamic machine.
2023 Nissan Z Specs – Tech Review
The standard Nissan Z model comes with LEd automatic headlights and taillights and daytime running lights. There is a 12.3-inch gauge cluster display and a push-button start feature. You can also take advantage of an 8-inch infotainment touchscreen and six-speaker audio system.
The Performance trim also includes a navigation display and active noise-cancellation capabilities. Standard manual adjustable seats are upgraded to four-way adjustable, heated options. And the infotainment is elevated to a 9-inch screen and 8 Bose speaker system.
Review of the Nissan 400Z Interior
As with the previous version, the Nissan 400Z model is a two seater. The compact interior is made up of the seats and a liftback hatch for the luggage area. The leg room measures approx 42 inches and the headroom is 38 inches, making it a band on match for the model’s closest competitor the Toyota Supra.
The Limited Edition 2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
The limited edition Z Proto Spec is only available with the Z Performance trim and is limited to 240 cars, (which is a reference to the original Z car model – the 240Z.) The exteriors of this edition feature yellow brake callipers and bronze wheels. Inside you’ll find high quality leather seats with a yellow trim, suede and cloth door trims with yellow stitches, and a tailored knob on the manual transmission gear stick.
What Trims Are Available with the Nissan Z: Build and Price
The 2023 Nissan 400Z price varies for the two different trims:
- The Nissan Z Sport Trim Starts at $41,000
- Nissan Z400 Performance Trim costs approximately $51,000
Both options offer drivers a powerful and speedy drive, although the Performance trim includes suspension and brake modifications, larger Bridgestone Potenza S007 summer tires, and a limited slip differential. Which version is best for you will depend on your personal preferences, but we think you’ll find that the standard trim will more than meet most expectations!
Summary: 2023 Nissan 400Z Buying Guide – The Details You Need to Know
The Nissan 400X specs mark a definite upgrade from the outgoing 370Z. Older, tired aspects of the older vehicles have been freshened up, while Nissan’s rich history is alluded to in the fantastic retro body design. The Nissan Z build and price make it a strong contender for one of the stronger model releases of the new year.
The powerful twin-turbocharged V-6 engine can be controlled either by a manual or automatic transmission and you can enjoy the best sound through a high-quality 8-speaker Bose audio system on the performance trim. Each aspect of the car has seen an upgrade, although the 19 inch rays and wheel structure remain the same as that of the earlier model.
All in all, the 2023 Nissan 400Z is a great option for fans of the Z series who were disappointed with the most recent iteration. A fascinating mixture of retro design and cutting-edge tech, means that Nissan has got back on track! And the 2023 Nissan 400Z price is definitely worth it!